|2018 Study Tour in Japan Program|
2018 Study Tour in Japan Program for Young Russian Japanologists and Researchers in East Asian Studies
In December 2018 the Japan Foundation offers young russian Japanologists and researchers in East Asian studies to take part in study tour program with a visit to Japan.
This study tour program aims at inviting young Russian Japanologists to participate in a week tour in Japan where they will visit academic institutions pertinent to Japanese studies or East Asian studies, governmental functions, NGO/NPO, library and/or other institutions (actual name of the institutions to be decided later). During the stay, 9 (nine) participants will have chances to exchange with scholars/students of higher education to discuss and explore social, political and economic issues within Japan today, thereby obtaining new insights in addressing issues of common concerns between Japan and Russia.Duration of the tour:
December, 2 (Sun) - 9 (Sun), 2018 (7 nights 8 days)
Applicants should clear all those conditions below:
1. Those researchers in any of the disciplines of social sciences (politics, economics, international relations, sociology, etc.) and currently engaged in a research project related to Japanese studies or East Asian Studies (inclusive of Northeast Asia and Southeast Asia only);
2. Those researchers in their 20s-30s, affiliated with universities or research institutions (researchers include university assistants, lecturers or PhD + students but excluding MA students) and those who have publications or academic works on a research theme, stated above;
3. Those who have Russian passport and who are currently conducting research within Russia and those who, in principle, haven't stayed in Japan longer than 12 months during the past three years;
4. Those who have good demonstrative communication skills in English to discuss academic subjects; Japanese language skills is desirable but not essential.
5. Those who are in good health to participate in the tour.
Following travel allowances and benefits will be provided for the tour:
Round-trip international economy air ticket from Russia to Japan, lodging, subsistence, overseas travel insurances for the stay in Japan.
Extension or revision of the tour itinerary will not be allowed.
During the entire tour, participants are expected to engage in group-activity.
No accompanying person(s) allowed during the tour even proportionate additional travel fees are to be borne by the participant.
To become a candidate please attach the following documents and send it to Этот e-mail защищен от спам-ботов. Для его просмотра в вашем браузере должна быть включена поддержка Java-script and Этот e-mail защищен от спам-ботов. Для его просмотра в вашем браузере должна быть включена поддержка Java-script e-mail address before September 18.
1. Application form (load, doc)
2. An essay in English or in Japanese (A4, max 3 pages) stating:
i) your area of specialty,
ii) purpose and expected findings of the tour,
iii) gist of selected research project(s) relevant to the tour purpose;
iv) area and topics of Japanese studies you would like to explore and pursuit after you return from the trip.
3. List of past academic publications (title, name of the media, date of publication, etc.)
4. A copy of an essay or an article that you wrote for a journal or any other media on Japan related subjects in the past years (if any).
5. A letter of recommendation made and signed by either your academic advisor or an authorized person in a managerial position within the academic institution you are affiliated with (dean, director of the institute, department head, etc.), stating that you have full competence and enthusiasm to participate in the tour (scan).
Please note that the name of the final candidates will be decided and announced around the end of September, 2018.
We wish you good luck!
|Последнее обновление ( 20.09.2018 г. )|