The International Conference: "One and a Half Centuries in the History of Russia and Japan"
The International Conference of the Association of Japanologists:
"One and a Half Centuries in the History of Russia and Japan:
The Epoch of Great Transformations"
The International Conference of the Association of Japanologists: "One and a Half Centuries in the History of Russia and Japan: The Epoch of Great Transformations", will be held on December 23, 2016 in Moscow at MGIMO-University. The working language of the conference will be English.
An analysis of transformations in Japan and Russia, which were implemented in the framework of catch-up development, reveals a certain common typology - despite all obvious differences. Thus, in both cases the elites chose the same strategy - to be on a par with the developed countries, and they implemented it with the state-launched mobilization of all resources to conduct radical systemic reforms for which there were economic and spiritual preconditions. The assimilation of the new did not replace national identity with a Western one.
The main panels of the conference will be as follows.
- The Experience of Transformations in the Historical Tradition of Russia and Japan
- Meiji Reforms and The Reforms of Alexander II: Is There Something in Common?
- Russia and Japan in the First Half of the 20th Century: the Epoch of Revolutions and Conservative Backlashes
- Postwar Reforms and Cold War for Russia and Japan
- Great Transformations in Russia and Japan after the Cold War: Liberal or Conservative?
We look forward to your participation in this upcoming conference. Deadline for abstracts is 15 October, 2016.
Inquiries should be sent to
Этот e-mail защищен от спам-ботов. Для его просмотра в вашем браузере должна быть включена поддержка Java-script
Последнее обновление ( 09.10.2016 г. )